Sunday, 20 January 2013

Perseverance is a virtue

Whoever says that "perseverance is a virtue" has never continued with something despite that sensible little voice in their head saying "not going to work, start again".

There's perseverance (eventually I will make this idea come to life) and then there is just plain pig-headedness (if I completely ignore all the things I don't like about this project, it will all work in the end due to the force of my persistence).

Tomorrow? A shawl that was 3/4 finished will be hitting the frog pond with an almighty splat.
and let's not mention the fully written pattern I have for this monstrosity.


1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure there is always a way to tell the difference much before one is done with some of these things. Really. Sometimes things look like a disaster right up to the point of blocking, or slipping on an actual person, and then - success! So 3/4 is not necessarily any too far to pursue a frustrating project, no matter how bad it looks as it goes along...

    ReplyDelete